With more than 1.5 million people, the population of San Antonio is one of the highest compared to the other areas in Texas. The city has a large number of people; here, you will find different self-storage options in San Antonio.
If you are living in San Antonio and looking for a self-storage facility, then you should keep in mind that not all self-storage options suit your needs. Besides, they will vary in terms of prices based on the items you want to store and the locations. Well, in this guide, you will discover more about it to choose the best storage options based on your requirements.
Average costs for the different types of Self-Storage in San Antonio
Before choosing a self-storage facility to keep your goods safe and protected during shifting in San Antonio, it will be better for you to know the cost of different storage types. So, the average cost of some common storage types in San Antonio are:
- Climate-Controlled: Such storage options can cost 20 percent to 50 percent more than a standard storage unit. The average monthly cost can go up $200 or more based on the size and features you are getting for the storage unit.
- 5 x 5: The average cost of a 5x 10 or 25 Sq. Ft storage unit can be around $50 per month. You can go for it if you want to store personal items, tall furnishings, drawers, chairs, and boxes of household goods.
- 5 x 10: This may cost you around $80 to $160 per month. This would be a perfect option to store furniture pieces, bicycles, box springs, and more.
- 10 x 10: The average monthly cost of a 10 x 10 self-storage facility can go up to $180. This can store goods found in a one-bedroom apartment, business products or documents, and large equipment or small car.
- 10 x 20: This size self-storage unit may cost you around $230 per month in San Antonio. This type of unit can fit multiple rooms worth of stuff, an average size vehicle or truck, and all your business needs.
- RV storage: It may cost you around $250 per month for a 40′ RV. Price may depend on the size of the RV and if you need the RV battery powered all the time.
- Parking spaces: If you want to take a parking space on rent for your truck or car, then per month, you may need to pay $250 to $280.
Building new storage facilities has become more challenging, but there are still reasonably priced indoor and outdoor self-storage units. However, it will continue to become more limited as the city increases in population.
Security features of the Self Storage
When you store your goods at a self-storage facility, you believe that they will keep the items safe. Well, with these storage units, you will get better security features, such as a well-lit facility, electronic gate access, 24×7 video surveillance, alarm systems, and more. However, the cost of a high-security facility self-storage will increase when you opt for more security features.
Cleanliness of the Storage
When looking for self-storage in San Antonio, you should consider the cleanliness of the locations you are searching for. Take all the required measures to keep the storage facilities clean and show that they care about you and your belongings.
The best storage company always takes extensive effort to maintain the storage facilities’ quality. You will feel welcome and highly comfortable at the locations and can make sure that all your goods are in the right hands.
Items That Can and Can’t be Stored In a Self Storage
Well, you can store sporting equipment, business inventory, clothes, appliances, furniture, electronics, and more in self-storage units. However, food, drugs, vehicles not in working condition, perishable items, and combustible or flammable items, such as car batteries, propane tanks, or gas tanks, shouldn’t be stored in a self-storage unit.
Typical access to storage in that area
- Indoor Access: These storage units are generally located inside a building, making them just like a walk-in closet compared to a garage space. Not only do they offer better protection from different elements, but they also mean having access to better self-storage features, for example, climate-controlled storage.
- Outdoor or Drive: Up Storage Access- It has been seen that outdoor self-storage units with easy drive-up access are getting popular in San Antonio, Texas, due to the convenient access these storage units offer. All you need to do is pull up your vehicle (this can be a semi-truck or moving truck) to the storage unit to load and unload your items.
Type Of Renter That Would Best Suite This Are
Businesses with insufficient space in their office or looking for a secure storage unit to keep important business documents can rent affordable self-storage offered by a professional self-storage service.
People Moving To The City
You can use a self-storage unit to store your possessions while moving to your new home, living in temporary housing, transitioning between leases or relocating to the city. Your goods will remain safe for as long as you want.
Storing Household Goods
Do you have a valuable painting or artwork or some precious collectible items? Well, you can keep them safe from moisture, theft, and other external factors by renting affordable self-storage unit.
RVs, boats, motorcycles, cars, commercial vans, trailers, and more can be stored safely by choosing an RV storage unit.
Now you know everything about different types of Self-Storage units, their costs, and how you can use them. It’s time to find the best self-storage company and book a storage unit to solve your space issues. Well, you will get many options when it comes to choosing an affordable self-storage unit.
If you don’t require frequent access to your goods, then it will be more affordable for you to get a storage facility in San Antonio’s Suburbs areas. However, if you need regular access to the storage unit, find a storage facility in San Antonio. However, for this, you will have to pay a little more.
What is PeerStorage
PeerStorage is an online marketplace for RV, car, boat, and storage for business and personal items. PeerStorage is changing the storage industry by providing an online marketplace for businesses and private property owners to rent their unused space to local people needing storage.
We feature unique spaces such as parking pads, empty garages, facilities, land, basements, and empty barns. We offer benefits like payment processing, handling evictions, and guaranteeing your payments.
Join The Discussion